How to Deal With Accidents on Dog Beds and Keep the Bed Clean at All Times
Puppies are super cute, and we just can’t help but stare at them all day when we have them in the house. You buy your puppy a nice and comfortable bed, and watch him sleep in it with the most adorable face. The puppy wakes up, stares at you, and pee on the bed. While you potty train your little guy, how can you efficiently and effectively clean up his messes in the bed?
- Purchase a dog bed with removable bed cover that is machine washable. That can prevent the repeated washing from ruining the cotton inside the bed.
- Whenever you spot that there is a stain on the bed, clean it right away to avoid bacteria growing in the area. The bed is also your puppy’s everyday sleep spot, so it’s important to keep it clean and fresh.
- Use towel or paper towel to dab on the stain repeatedly. Soak up as much pee as you can. This is important before proceeding.
- Find the following material to remove pee odor:
- A cup of baking soda
- A cup of Hydrogen Peroxide (3%)
- A teaspoon of dish liquid detergent
- Spray baking soda all over the stained area.
- Mix the cup of hydrogen peroxide with dish liquid detergent.
- Pour the mixed solution in step 6 to the stained area in the bed, and wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the cover with cold water, and you can throw it into the washing machine without worry having a smelly cover for your little friend!
Hope that this step by step guide can help you find success in keep your house and your puppy clean!